9.28.2009

My Journey






These photos were hard to post (harder than I thought it would be)...now they are officially out there....I started my journey about 5 years ago.  I have never been a small individual, but was a swimmer until about 20.  I gradually put on weight iin college and left college over 200lbs. I lost and gained weight off and on the next five years and became pregnant in 2001.  After the first pregnancy I gained about 60 lbs and kept it on.  When Wilson was about 2 and the weight didn't come off I began changing my lifestyle one day at a time.  Working out was the initial step, but after little success I hit the nutrition aspect harder.  I bought a calorie counting book and measured and used a journal to record EVERYTHING!  Make a long story shorter, I lost a total of 72 lbs in about 2 years.  I became a personal trainer and am now in school to become a Dietician.  With my second pregnancy I gained about 40lbs and finally surpassed my pre pregnancy weight and every day is still a journey.  I hope to inspire, support. educate and motivate you to achieve your highest potential in each day. What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me! Your willingness to take chances and risks are amazing and I love your can do attitude. Believe her people! She convinced my carnivore husband to eat to eat veggies and tofu, and like it! She is MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazingly proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete