4.12.2011

Brown rice made easy

I have been passing around my easy way to make brown rice to family and clients for a while and it is the one thing my dad calls ME about. It has made converters of the clients that swear they hate brown rice. I think making it this way makes it a little less course. You can also soak the rice for about 6 hours, but not longer than overnight, to help make it "softer".

Here is an easy way to make some delicious brown rice with LITTLE effort.

1 cup brown rice
1 3/4 cup HOT water- when I boil water to add bouillon I start with closer to 2 cups
Put in a casserole dish, cover, and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350*

Make it with 1/2 broth for a fuller flavor. I like using the brand better than bouillon. It comes in a small jar as a paste that dissolves in hot water. No MSG and makes about 10 qts.
Make a double batch and use for lunches or future meals, like a quick stir-fry. It makes a great cold salad as well (recipe another day).

I have added sautéed mushrooms, scallions, peppers, you name it. Make it your own.

We eat it for breakfast with cinnamon and milk (don't do this if you have added broth!)

I hope you enjoy it and add it to your healthy lifestyle!

Tonight we are making easy homemade pizza...comeback tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment